Wednesday 17 November 2010

Too busy...

I've just experienced something that I feel, must be shared with the masses.
I think its something that we have all done to someone or have had done to us, but it is still something that needs to be addressed.
Let me start off by saying what happened and then I will state my thoughts.
I sent quite a long text message to a guy and after many hours, the reply I received was "I will reply when I have time to." What would you say to this? Would you say "fair enough, they're obviously busy, so might as well wait until they're less busy in order to get my reponse." To be honest that is the answer I would give to someone who presented me with this issue too.

Hold up though....There's something else

What if this person has a twitter page, and after texting you saying "I'll reply when I have time to" they're happily tweeting away as if they don't have a care in the world?!
What would you say then? Because now, you'd have to view the text message in a brand new context.
I've had many guys text me and call me and ask when we'd meet up and I've replied hundreds of times "I'm really busy right now, but I'll let you know when my workload eases up."
We must have all done it at some point, without thinking as to why we're always busy when its a particular person that requires our attention.

You want to know what I think??

I think nobody is ever "too busy" it just depends on who is asking for our time.
If you're a guy or a girl that keeps getting told by someone else that theyre too busy, please just get the picture. They're not too busy. They're just too busy to talk or meet up with you.
Its not something you should take to heart (although it is easier said than done) you have to view the situation from an objective perspective.
Do you value yourself?
OK...so if you had a fantastic antique piece that you know is worth an incomprehendable amount of money, would you chase people down to buy it off you or would you sell it for less than it's worth? I hope your answer to that was "no."

Now apply that logic...

If you know what you're worth and what you deserve, why chase people down to make them spend time with you? A person that deserves you would be capable of seeing your qualities, you shouldn't have to spell it out to them.
You shouldn't ever be anyone's pass time. Kahlil Gibran states in his book "The Prophet" that "You should never seek your friend with time to kill...seek them with time to live." What I think he means by this is that your friend should actively want to see you to have fun, not as a distraction or to while away time.

"Everything has its beauty...But not everybody sees it."
Remember this statement.
Many guys have waited indefinitely for a female to want them, sometimes she never does or finally she comes round to the idea but never gives it her all.
Same with females waiting for a guy who wouldn't wait for them.

Moral of this blog is this...
We are all priceless in they eyes of God...if a person is blind to your worth or too busy to notice it, then you're better off without them.

Ciao
x-Cocoa-x

No comments:

Post a Comment